badge

Pages

How to make Fantastico Curd Sambhar?

Have you ever loved a dish so much that you go to inexplicable lengths to learn the recipe and make it for yourself and taste it? Have you ever craved for something for many days and one fine day prepared it and treated yourself to the mouth-watering aromas and taste of that heavenly dish? The Curds Sambhar does that to me. It puts me in a food coma and might be the only thing which I am ready to eat every day. I learnt this from a friend and added a little twist to it which in my opinion makes it a lot better. Or you can say makes it a fantastico Curd Sambhar.

The recipe I’m suggesting will be enough for two people. I prepare it for two people and finish it off all by myself. That's how tasty it is. I sometimes lick the tawa so clean that I can just put it back on the shelf. I’m joking (Or not :P). Prepare this for yourself and let me know how you find it.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon oil.

1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds

1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste. (Secret ingredient #1)

1 big onion or 2 small onions finely chopped.

2 Chillies split lengthwise. (More if you like it spicy)

1/2 teaspoon of MDH Kitchen King Masala (Secret ingredient #2)

1/4 litre curd

1/4 cup Water

Salt to taste

Preparation:

1) Add the oil to the tawa.

2) Add the mustard seeds and chillies and fry it for a bit so that all the spiciness of the chillies is released to the oil.

3) Add the onions, salt and ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away.

(Onions frying has one of the best smells, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it)

4) Add the Kitchen King Masala and fry it with the onions for a while.

5) Let this cool for a few minutes and add a little bit of water. You can slowly mix in the curds.
It’s important to remember not to mix the curds while the tawa is on the stove or while the onion tadka is too hot. If curd is added to the hot mixture it splits and turns into something very inedible looking. Let everything cool down for a while and then mix in the curds. I usually prefer curds which have gone a bit sour as this gives a very tangy taste to the whole thing.

This sambhar tastes best with rice or you can mix in a little bit of more water and drink it like chaas. It tastes awesome both ways. If you like to make it spicier, add more chillies and increase the quantity of Kitchen King masala.

Now I am off to make some Fantatstico Curd Sambhar and have it with some rice. I am drooling already.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

0 comments: