badge

Pages

The magic of music


When I think about what makes living life truly awesome, there are only a handful of things that make the list. Of course there are the essential family and friends, but if you sit down and give a thought, you’ll find that things that make you happy can be as simple as eating your favorite food, glancing out of a car window or as it is in my case, it can be simply listening to music.

I can’t remember when I heard my first song, but what I do remember is the sense of peace it brought me. There’s something about music that has always made me feel connected to the soul of the universe. I wander into a different world altogether; one that is filled with a hundreds of emotions, feelings, thoughts and ideas. It’s like music can open doors that I never really knew existed. And I’m always awed by the raw power of music on how it can move people.

I’ve heard fantastic stories about how music has a way of transforming people. I’ve heard of a father who had abandoned his children who came back to them after almost 30 years. Why? His answer was that he heard a song which he used to sing to his children while putting them to sleep. I’ve heard about a girl who was blind from birth sing a song in such a soulful way that moved a veteran artist so much that he became her personal trainer.  

Music is immensely powerful, but what I like most about music is the way it can heal people. Anyone who has had his heart broken will admit to listening to songs to make him feel better. Anyone who has felt down or depressed or has just fallen sick will feel buoyant and happy as soon as his favorite song is turned on. That’s how amazing music is. It can connect people. It can spark conversations. It can make 2 complete strangers fall head over heels in love.

The absolute fantastic thing about music is, you can’t touch it, you can’t hold it in your hands, yet it can grab hold of you and take you to places you’ve never imagined before. It can make you realize things about yourself that’ll sometimes even surprise you.

Music is not bound by anything. It transcends language; it transcends beliefs. I’ve seen people listening and enjoying music of a language they barely knew a word of. And that might seem like a small thing, but honestly, just give it a thought, and you’ll understand how amazing that is.

Music has a very special meaning in my life. It has helped me realize my potential. It has helped me express my feelings when i otherwise just couldn’t.  It has been my companion when I’ve been lonely on rainy nights. It’s a part of me and I just can’t imagine my life without it.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

Image Credits: Wikipedia/Wikimedia

0 comments: